Wednesday 10 September 2014

Want to catch more bass, then move.....


It happens so often these days. I arrive at a bass lake and spot other anglers fishing for bass. I try a few different spots and start catching bass. The other anglers are still fishing on the same spot. I walk 50 meters and try a new area. Bang, three more bass come to my flies. I move on a bit further and more bass connect with my flies. I look up and the other anglers are still fishing in the same spot. I have not seen them catching anything.

News flash, although you do get bass that swim in schools and move around a lake, most don't. They make an area there own and stay in it. So if you arrive at a spot and fish it for half an hour, chances are that the bass in that area will have seen your lures or flies. So, move on. You can always come back and try a spot a bit later but staying in the same spot all day will not catch you more bass, unless it is a real honey hole. Just saying....

Big mouth, this one was holding next to a big log in the water. If I had not moved to try the spot, I would not have caught it... True story...

No comments:

Post a Comment